It’s time to reclaim your life and prevent type 2 diabetes with the Prediabetes And Me Online Diabetes Prevention Program.
We are a CDC-recognized provider of the DPP, and our trained coaches look forward to taking this journey with you.
The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) is an evidence-based curriculum designed by the CDC. It’s a powerhouse tool presented to you by our trained lifestyle coaches. The guidance and resources you will receive can help you make lifelong changes and reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
With the Prediabetes And Me Online Diabetes Prevention Program you get:
- A tested and successful program
- A trained coach to guide you and provide evidence-based tools to help you reach your goal
- A supportive environment in which to share and learn from others
- The skills to improve healthy eating, increase activity, and reduce stress
- The comfort of participating in each session from your home, or wherever you feel comfortable
- 16 core weekly sessions
- 4 core bi-weekly sessions
- 6 monthly follow-up sessions for ongoing support and guidance
Class cost is $175 for the year-long program.
Some private insurance providers cover the cost of this class. Please check with your provider to see if they cover it and if so, how you can be reimbursed for the fee for this prevention program.
The Prediabetes And Me online program can help you lose weight by learning how to go for healthier food choices, increase your activity levels at your own pace, and recognize and manage stress. Active participation in these classes has been proven to decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as half.
Prediabetes is a huge problem in the US, and around the world. It is a serious condition where blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be diagnosed as type 2 diabetes.
Without making lifestyle changes, you’re at risk of developing type 2 diabetes, a serious condition that can lead to stroke, blindness, heart attack, kidney failure, or loss of limbs. It is a diagnosis that can’t be reversed.
The changes you make with the Prediabetes And Me online program will help you prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.
Risk factors for development of prediabetes include:
- Being overweight
- Having family members diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- A less active lifestyle
- Having diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes) or giving birth to a baby weighing ≥9 pounds
- Being ≥45 years of age
If you are at risk for prediabetes, ask your provider to do a simple blood test.
To participate in the program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old and
- Be overweight (Body Mass Index ≥25; ≥23 if Asian) and
- Not be pregnant and
- Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes and one of the following:
- Have a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year:
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7 – 6.4% or
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100-125 mg/dL or
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140-199 mg/dL or
- Have a previous clinical diagnosis of gestational diabetes or
- Take the Prediabetes Risk Test and receive a screening result of high risk for type 2 diabetes
Class start dates are by group. Once you sign up, you will be contacted and welcomed to the program. At that time, please indicate which group/start date you would like.
9 June 2020 – 9AM pacific/12:00PM eastern BEAR CLASS!
11 June 2020 – 4PM pacific/7PM eastern LYNX CLASS!
3 June 2020 – 12:00PM pacific/3PM eastern CARDINAL CLASS!